Table of Contents:
How to blog successfully and have a career as a blogger? You can do both at the same time! I tell you it at the new article!
Do you want to start a blog and have a career as a blogger? Yes! You can do both at the same time! I tell you how to do run it
Do you want to start a blog and have a career as a blogger?
Yes! You can do both at the same time!
After all, what better way to pursue your passion and make a passive income.
People start blogging for many reasons, and some of the most popular are:
- Sharing new knowledge
- Documenting your thoughts
- Passive income making money
- Free gadgets and other things to review
- Free travel.
Or any other.
You may have one of the above or other reasons, either way blogging can help you achieve your goal.
So, without further ado, let’s find out how you can start blogging today.
A little reading and a few next steps to get your blog started.
Before we get started, you’ll need just one thing:
You can always change your domain name in the future if you want to.
For a proper start, I’ve made a plan of action:
- Choose a blog topic, blogging platform, domain name and hosting for your blog
- Install WordPress on your blog
- Customize your blog design
- Install the best WordPress plugins
- Write your first blog post
- Share your description with the world
- Monetize your blog
- Attract traffic and get more attention
To make it easier for you to take action, I only offer options in terms of platform and hosting that work for everyone.
This blogging guide is designed for users like you who are just starting out and know little or nothing about blogging. In the next few minutes, your blog will be up and running.
Choose the platform on which your blog will run.
The first answer you should get is where should you set up your blog?
There are many blogging platforms, and people treat each one differently. Most bloggers start blogging on the WordPress platform.
WordPress is popular because it’s easy to use.
Interesting fact: 37% of the world’s websites run on WordPress).
What is your blog (niche) about?
The very first thing you need to do is find a niche for your blog. By niche, I mean find a topic that your blog will be about.
I hope you don’t plan to blog about all sorts of random things and make money. That won’t work in 2021, and your chances of success are higher if you blog about one topic.
You may be a jack of all trades and want to blog on multiple topics, but it won’t be fruitful because people like to subscribe to a blog that is an authority on a particular topic. What’s more, Google, the largest search engine, prefers a website built around a single topic.
Now the big question is how do you find your blog topic?
Here are some tips to get you started:
- Find a topic that you know better than anyone else. It doesn’t have to be your work, and it can be anything. Try to think of a topic that you enjoy talking about the most, and you can talk about it quietly for hours.
- It’s a good idea to pick a topic that you usually read about. A topic that you read about all the time is something that interests you.
- Also, make sure you have a strong interest in a particular topic, and you can add value with your own understanding.
- For beginners, I always recommend using a pen and writing down topics in different columns that you like. For example: motivation, fashion, technology, finance, photography, research, child care, health care, and so on. Now try writing 5 ideas for these different columns. As you write the title of the post, think about what you can write without referring to it. By the end of the 5th article, this will help you find the topic (niche) that you like best.
This is an important step before you start blogging because it will help you choose the topic you like best.
This ensures that you won’t get burned out when your blog is launched.
If you choose a topic that you enjoy talking and writing about, it ensures that the burnout period will never come. So, I’m assuming you’ve chosen a niche for your blog that can bring you some money.
Conclusion. Choosing the right niche is the first and most important step to creating a new blog.
Choose a domain name and the name of the blog you are running.
When choosing a domain name, I usually follow 4 rules:
Easy to remember.
Easy to type.
Interesting to pronounce.
Easy to brand.
The domain name is the URL of the blog that the visitor will use to open the blog.
For example: sms-man.com
We need to pay $12 a year for it. However, below I have shared a trick that will help you save $12 on your domain purchase.
Now there are some rules to help you choose the best name for your new blog.
Here are some tips from my experience:
- Prefer .com to everything else.
- Your domain name should be easy to pronounce and easy to type.
- Make sure your domain name doesn’t confuse the listener.
You can use Bluehost’s domain suggestion feature to see if your domain name is available or not. Just type in whatever word you’ve chosen for your blog, and it will also show you the available domain name options.
In my opinion, the name of your blog is very important. You can also have a domain name under your name, and that’s great for a personal portfolio or if you plan to make yourself a brand.
However, I prefer to have a generic name so that I can have people running it in the future and I can enjoy the benefits of individual entrepreneurship.
I suggest getting creative and following the four rules I outlined above. Here are a few things you shouldn’t do when choosing a domain name for your new blog:
- Don’t use a domain name that’s too long. Try to keep it no longer than 12 characters.
- Don’t use domain extensions such as .info, .net, etc. etc., because they tend to rank poorly in search engines. I always prefer and suggest using a domain name extension such as .com or .org.
Choosing a Hosting to Start a Blog
Now let’s build our blog on hosting.
Web hosting is where WordPress will be installed. It’s a server that stays online 24*7, and all of your future blog images, your blog design and everything else will be stored on that server (hosting). That way your site will be up and running 24/7.
The good thing about hosting is that it’s cheap.
There are many hosting providers, but for your blog:
You need to find a hosting service that offers everything you need to create a blog.
Features such as:
- Free SSL
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Unlimited storage
- Free domain name (saves $12 a year)
- Easy to use cPanel.
- Chat support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Create your own blog
In most cases, all hosts have a free WordPress installation service. If you have trouble finding it contact support, you will definitely be helped.
Design your blog.
“The first impression is the last impression” is the mantra we follow in blogging.
Blog design is the most important aspect of your blog because good design ensures that your visitors will love your blog. In fact, this is how your readers will remember your blog. Imagine that your blog is designed in a beautiful outfit.
WordPress has a concept of “WordPress themes.” These are ready-made designs that are available for all types of blogs.
There are many free and premium WordPress themes. I always recommend choosing a premium theme because you’ll get all the support and guidance for beginners, and you’ll also have a quality design for your blog.
Here are easy to use modern theme clubs that I would recommend you start with.
There are thousands of WordPress plugins. Below I’ve only mentioned the plugins you should install from day one.
Here are the plugins you should install in your newly created WordPress blog:
- Yoast SEO.
- Jetpack from WordPress.com.
There are many more plugins, but the plugins listed above are the main ones.
If you have completed all of the steps above, your blog is ready. Now comes the part you have to do over a period of time, which is adding new content.
Plan your content.
Before you start writing your first blog post, you should make a content plan.
You can use Excel or a Trello board. Here’s a free Trello content planning board you can use.
The Trello board also has a checklist to help you write the perfect article. Click “More” on the right sidebar and click “Copy Board.”
In article ideas, write down everything you could write. You can also create a content outline if you like.
Writing your first blog post
Here’s where the fun part starts – writing your first article.
Here are some tips to help you avoid making the mistakes that a newbie usually makes:
- When you’re writing your content, imagine a person sitting next to you and you’re talking to them. Write in the first person, because only one person reads your blog. For example, you only read this blog post. That’s why you may have noticed, my tone is “I” and “You.”
- Your content should cover all aspects of the topic you are writing about. Feel free to write more than 1,000 words.
- Don’t copy images from Google. Rather, use specialized image sites, such as FreePik
- You can also embed videos from YouTube.
Add important pages to your blog.
Here are some of the important pages you should have on your blog. You can add these over the next few weeks…
- About page : contains detailed information about your blog and about you.
- Contact page : a page with a contact form. You can use Jetpack’s contact form feature to create a contact form in WordPress.
- Media Kit page: you don’t need it now, but you should know about it. This is the page where you will write about your blog traffic and available advertising options.
- Disclosure of Information
- Terms & Conditions
So, you have everything you need and your first blog post is published.
Now the next step is to attract traffic.
Follow the steps outlined here, and it will help your blog be visible in Google searches.
Now there are many methods you can use to attract traffic to your newly created blog.
Monetizing your blog.
Once you have created your blog, make it social so that your readers can join your community.
You just need to get started, and there’s no need to worry, as I’m here again to help you with the best resources.
To blog on social media, you need a Facebook page, an Instagram account, a Twitter account.
There are many ways that your blog can generate passive income for you.
Here are some of the most popular ways:
- Google AdSense
- Affiliate marketing
- Promotional content (get paid for what you write about others)
- Amazon affiliate program
- Direct advertising sales
- Own digital products such as ebooks, online courses
In the world of blogging, we always wish we had someone to guide us from the ground up when we start a new blog.
While that may not be possible, there are plenty of resources available. Join the blogging group and forums and dispel your doubts, there are thousands of people ready to help you.
Dadosha is author of articles about SMS verification process and virtual phone numbers of the SMS-man blog