Table of Contents:
What is Coinbase and what do I need for Coinbase register?
Coinbase is an exchange through which you can easily buy and sell, as well as store and exchange a variety of known cryptocurrencies. An important feature on this platform is the ability to transfer one cryptocurrency to another. Coinbase also shows the current price, its history and the trend of changes.
To sign up for Coinbase you need:
- Be over 18 years of age;
- Email (for account activation);
- Phone number (to receive Coinbase text message);
- Photo ID;
Application installed on your phone or open website on your computer in your browser.
Why some services and platforms require phone number and how do you bypass these checks?
Many services ask for sms to register and this is needed for several purposes:
- If you forget your password, you can reset it;
- When you create an account you will verify your identity and confirm that you are not a robot;
- For messages about actions on your account;
- To confirm that it is you who is logged into the account.
But it also brings a lot of problems. Because your phone will be used as a link between you and the creators of the application, which means that you will constantly get advertising messages. And if any of your accounts are compromised, your real phone number will be leaked. This can lead to unpleasant consequences.
How to get the phone number for coinbase ?
When you create an account on Coinbase, Binance, etc., you can use sms activation services. One of the best in this field is sms-man.com. It will allow you to get a phone number for Coinbase text verification.
Users of sms-man can buy a virtual number to create accounts, but first let’s create an account and top up your account:
- Go to sms-man.com and click “Sign up”.
- Let’s enter your e-mail and password for registration.
- We are going to check our mail and find the letter to confirm our account.
- We enter into your account, press “Payment” and choose the suitable payment method.
Now we can buy virtual phone numbers to create accounts.
How do I create a Coinbase account?
You can create a new Coinbase profile using the app on your phone or in the browser on your computer.
How to setup a Coinbase account on phone?
- Firstly, download the Coinbase app onto your smartphone using the official App Store or Google Play sites.
- When registering, it is recommended that you enable VPN and select the same country as the one you are going to purchase the phone number from.
- Secondly, you need to open the Coinbase app and click on the “Get Started” button to start the account creation process.
- After completing the above step, we still need to confirm the validity of our email address. By verifying email, the interface below will automatically redirect you to the next step.
- User identification is verified in two steps: phone number verification and ID verification.
- Go to sms-man.com, choose the country you want and find the Coinbase service and click “Buy”.
- At the top of the page you will see a list of all purchased numbers. The first number on the list will be the one you just bought.
- Fill in your Coinbase new number and tap the “Send code” button to verify the validity of your second phone number.
- Go back to the sms-man.com page and click on “Get sms” until you get the sms. Once you have received the verification code from the sms-man message, fill it out in the empty field and click “Send” to continue.
Dadosha is author of articles about SMS verification process and virtual phone numbers of the SMS-man blog