Users of social networks often wonder how to retrieve deleted messages on Instagram. Sometimes, after a user clears out all the correspondence, it turns out that he needs some of the messages back.
According to the policy of this social network, one cannot restore chats after deleting them. Although the platform has presented a new function for restoring data, it cannot be used for dialogs.
So, in such situations, you will need to use an Instagram message recovery tool – in other words, a specialized app.
How to recover deleted Instagram messages on iPhone?
For such purposes, you can use either a program for your computer or a mobile app.
We will tell you how to cope with that via U.fone – a proven service for Mac OS and Windows.
So, below you will find step-by-step instructions on how to recover Instagram direct messages with the help of it:
- Download the program from the official website to your PC and install it.
- Then, link your iPhone to your computer via USB. Start the program and select the function “iPhone data recovery”.
- Then, click on “Start scanning”. Wait a bit, and you will see the list of files and apps, which can be recovered.
- Find “App Document Instagram”, click on it, and wait until the program finishes scanning.
- Then, just choose the chats needed.
In addition, there is a function, which allows requesting a copy of a dialog from a second correspondent. Remember that, when you delete messages, there is always a chance that your interlocutor has saved them.
How to recover Instagram messages on Android?
For devices with this operating system, you can also find a wide selection of varied programs and apps.
But such services have a serious drawback – they will not help you recover deleted Instagram messages if you install them after removing the correspondence needed. In other words, you had better install such an app for Instagram messages recovery online at once after you register your account on this social network or at least prior to cleaning your correspondence history. Such a program will create a backup copy of your dialogs, which can be used for restoring information lost afterward.
Let us discuss how such apps work using the example of App Backup. So, to make a copy for Instagram message recovery, take the following steps:
- Go to Google Play and download App Backup.
- Install it on your phone.
- Start it and search for the tab “Apps”.
- Find Instagram in the list, put a tick, and press “Backup” at the bottom of the screen.
Also, to save time and effort, it is advisable to use the function “Auto backup”.
To sum up, if you want to have the opportunity to recover deleted Instagram messages at any moment, you should install and set a special app on your smartphone beforehand.