Table of Contents:
Twitter is a popular social networking site where users share “tweets” – short messages of 140 characters. Many people find themselves in a situation where, when they log in, they see that their account has been blocked.The “behaviour” of the account is monitored by bots, and it is not always clear what exactly cannot be done in the account now What to do and how to unblock your Twitter account is covered in this article. In this article I will tell you how to reactivate twitter account.
Twitter blocked the account. Why?
In short, for suspicious activity. These are:
- User abuse. This is when your account has received a lot of complaints.
- Aggressive following. On Twitter, like on Instagram, you can subscribe to pages of interest. There are now many services online that offer almost 1000 readers per day, and for pennies. It’s for such “stuffing” that your account can be suspended.
- Repetitive posting. For instance, posting the same post or link every day would be considered as a suspicious action by the bot.
Theft. Misappropriating someone else’s tweet and passing it off as your own.
- Technical abuse. Posting tweets with links to phishing sites (which steal users’ passwords).
Locking for safety reasons
Sometimes you try to log into Twitter, enter your credentials, and a message like “Account blocked for security reasons” pops up in your face. This usually happens if a bot that monitors account activity has noticed suspicious activity. The account has probably been compromised and the system has taken appropriate measures to ensure that no one else is affected.
If this is the case, all you need to do to restore your Twitter account is to change your password. To do this you need to click on the appropriate button and further instructions will be sent to the email linked to your account immediately. Please note that sometimes emails from social networks end up in your spam folder.
Twitter account locked for no reason
The limitations, of course, are not critical. You can continue to browse the site, but you won’t be able to communicate with people who aren’t subscribed to you (readers only). You won’t be able to publish tweets, retweet or like them either. And those tweets that were published before the blocking will only be able to be seen by your readers.
In essence, the page is available, but the account is suspended. You will need to perform a number of manipulations to restore all the capabilities: to confirm the e-mail, attach the phone number, delete tweets that violate the rules of the site, and so on.
How to restore: log in, open the message which says that some features of the account are limited, click “Start” and follow the steps that the system asks. Keep in mind that if you violate Twitter’s rules again, your account could be permanently ‘frozen’.
If you think your account has been blocked on twitter by mistake, send an appeal directly through the mobile app or through the special form on the website.
How to reactivate twitter account
If you see that Twitter has blocked your page, don’t be alarmed. You can bypass the Restrictions with a little effort and a few actions. You can always “reactivate” your Twitter account, even if it has been blocked on twitter.
If you have no desire to end up in the ban, do not do the following
- Spam a lot and don’t retweet a lot.
- Steal other people’s content (we’re talking industrial scale).
- Boost readers with third-party services.
What to do:
- Open Twitter.
- Click on the Suspended Accounts link.
- Read the message and follow the link at the end.
- Click on “Report a problem to support”.
- Describe the situation. If guilty, broke the rules – report it that way. If you are not the culprit, ask for help in resolving the problem. You can write it in English or in your own language.
- If you use cheat applications – lock them via settings.
- Click “Submit” to send a message to support.
- Bot will reply, by e-mail, informing what else you can say for yourself.
- Copy the message (from point 5) and send it back.
- Wait for a decision.
What should I do if I can’t reactivate Twitter account?
If you are unable to reactivate your Twitter account, you can always register a new account via a virtual phone number.
It’s cheap enough and doesn’t take much time. This way you can create many accounts without worrying that one of them will get blocked on twitter
Dima is Content writer & Programmer at SMS-man. He is the creator of SMS-MAN Bot and writes articles on SMS-man Blog.
You can reach Dima at: firstname.lastname@example.org