Table of Contents:
Some people decide to delete Signal account even though it allows accessing one of the most popular instant messengers in the world. Most often it happens due to termination of the use of the application. But also can be a leak of the user’s personal data, in which case the only right thing to do to protect yourself is to delete the account. However, no matter what the case is, deleting a profile on Signal is not a difficult task that takes only a few steps to complete. Today we will explain in detail how to do this in 2023.
How to delete Signal account on the mobile app?
This is the most convenient and at the same time easiest way among others. You can do this within a minute as there are literally just a few steps to take. So here is the list of steps that should be completed to delete Signal account:
1. Download the official mobile Signal app from Google Play Store or App Store.
2. Log in with the account you want to delete.
3. Open the settings menu and find the account tab.
4. Scroll down to the «Delete account» button and click on it.
5. Enter the used during registration phone number and confirm deleting the account.
There is no need to receive and enter any verification codes so your account will be completely deleted after taking the last step from the guidance above. Just notice that deleting your profile will lead to losing all your data including photos and chats. So if there is something important then make sure to back it up.
How to delete Signal account on a PC?
This process is not much different from the one above. But still, there are some differences so it is worth to be explained in a separate paragraph. So the first step is to install an official desktop Signal app. It is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems and can be downloaded from the official website of the instant messenger. After that, the process of deleting the Signal account is represented by the following steps:
1. Open the app and log in with the account you want to delete.
2. Go to the settings tab and search there for the profile termination feature.
3. Proceed with the suggested instructions.
There is nothing difficult, isn’t it? It is possible to delete Signal account and then create a new one just within a minute. But, moreover, there is even no need to do all those things if it is all about privacy. You can create an absolutely safe and anonymous account using a virtual phone number. With such a tool it is no longer necessary to worry about confidentiality even in the case of such a relatively safe instant messenger.
Easy way to use Signal without phone number
SMS-Man offers an effective and affordable solution for those who value privacy and want to protect themselves as best as possible in this regard. Virtual numbers help to meet both those requirements as they are untraceable and have no connections with their users. You just take and use it as it was a real mobile phone that we use daily. Read below to learn how to get such a number:
1. Sign up for sms-man.com and log in with your new account.
2. Add funds to the balance with one of the available payment methods.
3. On the main page of the service choose the desired country dialing code of the virtual phone number.
4. Scroll the homepage a bit down and select Signal on the tab with apps.
5. Press the purchase button.
6. Put the received virtual number on the Signal sign-up form and request a verification message to it.
7. Click the «Get SMS» button to reveal the code that is used to create a completely safe and private Signal account.
This is how anyone can use Signal without phone number. You can also use the virtual phone number to swap it with a real one. In this case, there is no need to delete the Signal account so all the data connected with it such as chats and photos will remain safe while the profile will become more private.