Facetime is an extremely popular service for making voice and video calls intended for iOS and Mac OS users. That means that it is available on Apple devices only.
This app allows making calls via Wi-Fi, 3G, and 4G absolutely for free. One more huge advantage is the function of audio and video conferences. So, in the first case, you can talk to up to 8 other users simultaneously. And, as for video calls, you can invite up to 3 friends or colleagues to such a conference. Besides, you can use both a front and a rear camera during calls. Sounds great, doesn’t it?
Many users raise the question: “Can I use Facetime without a SIM card?”. In some situations, users want to avoid linking their mobile numbers to accounts. For example, it may be inconvenient to receive calls from work in the evening or at weekends. Or a user may need to open several profiles for business. So, let us discuss this issue in detail.
How to register on Facetime without SIM Card?
First of all, to create an account on this service, you do not need to install any extra apps. You just need to activate the service in the tab “Settings” on your device.
- Open “Settings” and choose Facetime.
2. Tap on the button in the center as it is displayed in the screenshot.
3. Check the email address.
4. Then, tap on “Sign in”.
5. If you want to use another ID, tap on “Create new Apple ID” at the bottom of the screen. As you know, to get a new ID, you will be required to provide an email address and a mobile number. And, if you do not have any extra SIM cards, that will be a problem. But we have good news for you, on our website sms-man.com, you can buy a virtual number for SMS verification for a few cents. For example, a virtual number for Gmail will cost you $0.05. You can safely use such a number for receiving an SMS with a verification code and completing your registration on Google. Read more about this in our article “How to create Google account without phone number?“. At our store, you can buy a virtual number for SMS verification on any social network, messenger, dating platform, or other online sources.
5. You can add several email addresses, for example, if you want all the members of your family to use one Apple ID or if you want to divide your work calls from personal ones. Do you want to know how to get many Gmail addresses without buying additional SIM cards? Read our article: “Gmail create second account: detailed instructions and useful tips“.
6. After reviewing email addresses, make sure you have moved the thumb control to the position “On” as it is shown in the screenshot below.
7. That’s it. Now, you can make your first call.
8. Keep in mind that the service will stay active and receive calls automatically until you turn it off.
Can I Facetime without a SIM card if my number is already linked to the account?
You can change the settings of your account at any moment. If you do not want to disclose your phone number during calls, go to “Settings” – “Facetime” and remove the tick next to the corresponding number.
So, now you know how to use Facetime without a SIM card. And, if you need a new mobile number for creating a new Apple ID or registering on any website, be sure to turn to sms-man.com.