Table of Contents:
The messenger appeared on August 14, 2013 and is a relatively new application. For January 2020, the number of monthly active app users is at least 500 million. This doesn’t come as unexpected that with such activity, requests such as “how to bypass the blocking on iPhone”, “how to block someone on Telegram”, “how to work with a proxy server” are not rare, and instructions on how to do this are not included.
Do you know what the reason is? The messenger functionality allows you to create group chats, channels, share video and music, high-resolution pictures. At the same time, users can be sure that all personal information is reliably protected.
With no information you may be faced with intrusive ads or unnecessary SMS from an unpleasant person. Initially, the app was conceived as the most convenient and simple platform for prompt data exchange. Today it is a real giant, where not only useful channels are located, but also annoying chatbots. What if you need the blocked user in the future?
How to block someone on Telegram on iPhone?
The app works equally well on IOS and Android. Today we will analyze the question of how to block people on Telegram. New users who have recently installed the app may not fully understand the settings and are constantly attacked by annoying interlocutors. If you have no desire to conduct a dialogue you just block the user.
How to check the blacklist before you block user on Telegram
To blacklist an annoying contact, use one of the proven methods:
- Open the section with settings.
- Select the “Privacy and Security” section.
- Select the “Black List” item, so you will see all users who were previously blocked.
How to block people on Telegram – choose a convenient way
Here you can find two ways to remove an unwanted interlocutor or contact from personal radars.
The first way – use messenger settings:
- Enter Telegram, click on the “Menu” section and go to the settings;
- Scroll down the feed to the “Privacy” section, there you find the “Blocked Users” section;
- If you are a beginner and the blacklist is still empty, click on the “+” icon in the upper right corner;
- Select a name – one or several;
- The selected user will be immediately transferred to the blacklist.
The second way helps you learn how to block someone on Telegram on iPhone
- Go to the chat and click on the user;
- Select the “Information” section in the menu;
- Select the “Lock” function.
Remember that accounts included in your personal blacklist cannot see information about you in the app, cannot send messages, make calls, and so on. Any account can be unblocked if necessary.
In order not to use your real phone number and not to worry that someone will start calling you, use a virtual phone number. It costs cheap, the service is minimal, so such numbers are ideal for registration in social networks, mobile applications, games, instant messengers, dating sites.
How to bypass Telegram blocking and unblock a contact
Steps how to retrieve a contact from the blacklist on your phone:
1. On your smartphone, open the blacklist menu and tap on a contact.
2. Click on the account and hold for a short time.
3. After these actions, the “Unblock” command will appear.
To do it on the iPhone less than simple. Just open a dialogue with the user you are going to unblock and click on “Unblock user”. Click and done! And you have a casual chitchat again.