Today let’s look at how ProtonMail account is different from regular email. How to sign up for it and what virtual numbers have to do with it.
Proton is one of the largest services providing electronic mail delivery. The project was developed in a collaboration between CERN and MIT.
Proton uses a cryptographic key system combined with P2P. Which allows you to protect the user from unauthorized access to emails from third parties.
Encryption takes place in the browser itself using the AES-256 algorithm.
The system implies that your email is not stored on any server but reaches the recipient directly. The cryptographic code makes it impossible to intercept the letter, which means that your confidentiality will be definitely respected.
Account Protonmail offers the ability to log in with two passwords, one from your system and one from your mailbox.
To start ProtonMail without phone with a virtual number
On the Internet, many sites provide the temporary use of a virtual number for a small fee.
One such resource where you can buy work numbers for registration it is sms-man.com. Getting a number to register with ProtonMail costs only about 0.5 cents. In addition, SMS-MAN can provide almost any country for registration in any service. And if you can’t find the service you want, just take “Any other”.
How to buy a virtual number for registration ProtonMail account?
1. To create a ProtonMail account with a virtual number, first create a personal profile at sms-man.com
2. Once you have been able to log into your account, make your first deposit on the site. To do this, go to the Payments tab or click on your account. There are several possible payment methods to choose from. Such as cryptocurrency or with Payeer, for example.
3. Acquisition number to register services is on the main page. Go there, choose the country you like, and in the services look for ProtonMail. Near the service will be a blue button “buy”, click on it.
4. All purchased numbers appear at the very top of the page. There are two buttons next to them, “request sms” and “reject”.
5. Now go to ProtonMail proton.me/mail and select “Sign Up” in the upper right corner. After entering your personal information, select your country and insert the number you purchased from the SMS-MAN site in the input box. Once you click “Next”, the system will ask for a confirmation code, which you can obtain by clicking on the “request code” button on the same SMS-MAN.
6. To get sms, go back to sms-man.com and click on the tab “Request History” and click “Get sms” opposite the number.
7. In the corresponding field the activation code will appear, copy it and enter it into ProtonMail ang use a new proton.me/mail login.
That’s it, we succeeded in creating account without a phone number!
Another way to get sms
Also, for your convenience, we wrote an excellent bot for Telegram, through which you can also buy SMS
Dadosha is author of articles about SMS verification process and virtual phone numbers of the SMS-man blog