Table of Contents:
Wish is a marketplace platform that offers its buyers a large number of diverse product categories – from gadgets and technologies to baby & makeup goods. This popular marketplace has about 250,000 sellers worldwide and over 100 million monthly active buyers. So if you are a small or medium-sized business owner, this place is perfect for you.
The platform delivers worldwide. It creates revenue from logistic services to the buyers/sellers, and fees on certain activities. The platform is advantageous, with multiple registration options. This material is a thorough examination of the platform’s features and a signup guide.
Wish Features & Advantages
So, what is Wish, really? It competes with Amazon, eBay, and Aliexpress through its diverse range of products. It makes them great for mass shopping, though some products are hard to find here.
Overall, Wish has a huge potential for sellers due to various features, the main of which include:
- After paying a 15% sales duty, no more fees are paid by sellers.
- In-app promotions, social media campaigns, digital advertising.
- Recommendation algorithms consider your buying/scrolling behavior and offer you the best products.
- Secure international shipping options.
- Diverse filters & product categories to match every need.
- Mobile or web versions with intuitive and friendly design.
So, what is Wish benefit-wise? It provides customers and sellers with an intuitive, budget-friendly, and enjoyable online shopping experience. Before buying or listing products, each user must pass specific registration procedures. Then, the platform becomes open to the customers.
The shopping process is comfortable, with a large product pool and various settings by cost, hue, specific details. It’s full of active sellers, who compete and make constant discounts to combat one another. The wares range and shipping capabilities depend on the user’s address.
Wish: Registering an Account
How to create Wish account? It isn’t tedious or complicated; you only need several details:
- Email address;
- Further details may be required to finalize.
Merchants must pass a verification protocol. During the process, they submit a phone number, residential location, bank info, etc.
You can sign up and enter your account via social media. Overall, the registration procedure is comfortable and doesn’t make you for tedious moderation approvals. What’s problematic is no clear reasoning is given to submit this info to create a Wish account, as it seems to be unused by the system. However, you can fake most of it, including a number.
This is personal data that can be mishandled, leaked, hacked, stolen, and whatever. While submitting it, you won’t have to provide your real phone number for Wish, and online-generated numbers are just fine for registering purposes. They are called virtual numbers, and here’s everything about them.
Virtual Phone Numbers for Wish
Virtual phone numbers are a cloud-based technology that works online. This means you don’t need any hardware, special software or disclosure of your location, ensuring privacy. This makes a virtual number convenient for receiving SMS messages, such as verification codes to create a Wish account for vendors.
With such a solution, sharing a real number is pointless. Since that, SMS-Man suggests a one-time virtual number for Wish. Here’s how we see it:
- Go to sms-man.com, then register or log in to your account.
- Add money to your balance on the ” Top up my balance” section.
- Click “Buy SMS” in the menu on the left to open the order page.
- Select one of the suggested countries and “Wish” service, then click the buy button.
- Find the number in the “History” section and copy it.
- Enter it during the registration process on Wish and wait for the code to be sent.
- Go back to SMS-man to get the confirmation code.
- Enter it to complete your registration.
Leasing a virtual number for Wish for up to 4 months is good for creating numerous accounts on the marketplace, but it’s less cost-effective than the one-timers whose price is rarely 1+ USD.
Vyacheslav is SEO expert at SMS-MAN. He also writes on virtual numbers and SMS verification issues on SMS-man Blog.
You can reach Vyacheslav at: email@example.com