Table of Contents:
If you are searching for an ecommerce platform to build your online business and sell your goods in a convenient way, you must have heard about the Bonanza marketplace at least once. Though this platform is not huge, creating a Bonanza account gives sellers an opportunity to get access to some of its unique features.
Why and when does it make sense to register for Bonanza, and how to become a seller without giving a phone number to the platform? Let’s explore these questions today.
What is Bonanza?
So, what is Bonanza? It is an eBay-like marketplace and ecommerce platform that came to life in 2008 by a guy from Seattle. The idea was to bring a local garage sale to the web. Since then, the platform has transformed into a full-fledged marketplace and continues to gain popularity.
The platform offers everything from antiques to electronics. But compared to eBay, Etsy, and Amazon, Bonanza focuses on selling various unique items for connoisseurs. So, in brief, Bonanza’s offering is about marketing things with history that are much harder to find on other platforms. The platform’s slogan also refers to this peculiarity, sounding “Everything but the ordinary”.
And it is true when you look at all the range of pieces represented on the marketplace, you understand that someone who will pass the Bonanza registration process will truly be able to discover the gifts from the Aladdin’s cave.
Among other interesting objects, on Bonanza, you can find:
- Various collectibles and art items such as paintings, stylized lamps of 1950, 1960 and other epochs, rare collectible comics, beads and stones, handcrafted jewelry, collectible toys, etc.
- Home improvement and decor items, furniture, objects for yard and garden arrangements are also available for Bonanza account owners.
- Beauty products for skin care, bath & body items, as well as fragrances, and more.
- Men and women fashion clothes, including brands like American Eagle, Antropologie, Banana Republic, Calving Klein, vintage and wedding dressing brands.
- Electronic devices, including cameras, mobile phones, computers, tablets, and more.
Moreover, Bonanza account holders can purchase any item from the huge collection of music CDs, records, and merch objects, as well as video games, Nintendo consoles, and controllers.
Well, now we have learned what features Bonanza offers to buyers, what makes this platform useful for sellers? Let’s explore it further.
What are the Benefits for a Seller to Register a Bonanza Account?
One of the main advantages of this marketplace, compared to, let’s say, eBay, Bonanza provides a 14-days free trial version. So that sellers can test the platform’s functionality completely for free. The platform’s paid subscription starts from $25 per month. And this price makes it much more affordable compared to giants like Shopify and Bigcommerce.
Furthermore, Bonanza’s commissions are also much more affordable. A transaction fee is only 0.25% plus 3.5% final value fee rate. Sellers can receive payments by credit card, via PayPal and Amazon Checkout. On the contrary, Amazon charges sellers with a fee of 6% to 25%.
Another huge benefit of Bonanza is that, additionally to importing their goods to the marketplace, after completing Bonanza registration brands can also create their own online store on a separate and completely autonomous website. Though launching a store is also available on Amazon and eBay, there you will have to locate it on the platforms and it will be branded.
Some other benefits of the platform are:
- Local hosting and free user domains. This means that your website is secure and you can transfer it to the previous domain name or choose a new one from the Bonanza dashboard.
- Fast and convenient inventory management and importing functionality. Bonanza account holders can fastly import goods from eBay, Amazon, and Shopify without converting it to special formats.
- Seamless integration with Facebook and Twitter, so Bonanza sellers can communicate and share discounts and useful updates in these social networks.
How to Create Bonanza Account and Start Selling?
Setting up as a seller on Bonanza is pretty simple and contains a few steps:
- Fill in the account registration form by providing your email address and come up with a password.
- Then check your inbox and follow the link to activate your account.
- After that, you will need to set up a selling booth on the marketplace. Come up with a username and a desired name for your booth and provide personal information, including your name, address and phone number for Bonanza. Proceed with the setup process.
Moreover, you will need to set up payment methods to receive funds from your sales — you can choose between PayPal or Stripe — attaching your credit card for charging a fee and verifying your identity by applying an OTP that comes to your mobile phone.
If you are eager to enhance your anonymity to the platform or your current phone number is already in use, you can purchase a single-usage virtual number for verifying your identiry on Bonanza as a seller. Or, if you need to register multiple seller accounts, you can rent a virtual phone for a period of up to 3 months.
How to Create Bonanza Account without a Phone Number?
These online-based phone numbers are more effective compared to regular cellular numbers, since they cost <$1 for receiving an OTP, while requiring no special devices or SIM cards and being completely geographically independent. Moreover, they are much easy to purchse, since it only asks you to provide an email address for account registration. But the best thing about these virtual numbers seems to be that a platform or application you are registering with it, cannot recognize they are generated.
Thus, using such phones you can:
- Get access to the platforms that are blocked in your location.
- Restore your banned account (if it asks to attach a unique phone number).
- Create as many accounts as you wish in over 1000+ global platforms and applications.
- And more.
To purchase a single- or multiple usage virtual phone number with SMS-man, you need to:
- Log in to sms-man.com with your Google+ account or register a separate one with an email address.
- Deposit money to your account balance and.
- For buying a one-time number, go to “Rent SMS”, choose the country (US) and click “Buy SMS” near the Bonanza icon.
- Copy the received unique phone number for Bonanza at the bottom of the page and submit it to the marketplace in a separate tab (or window).
- After that, return to the SMS-man page and click the button “Receive SMS”. If the code does not come, please click it a few more times or feel free to receive another number.
Note that you get charged only after the OTP will come to your virtual number.