Table of Contents:
Thinking of starting to sell on Mercari? Do you already have experience selling online or are new to the business, Mercari could be a good choice. In this article, we’ll give you an overview of how the Mercari selling process works!
Still unsure? Dive into our Mercari sales review to see if this is the best platform for you.
How Merсari app works at all
Selling your unwanted items at Mercari is the easiest process:
- List your item: include images and a description.
- Set the price: select the price and the shipping cost.
- Make a sale: buyers either make an offer or buy immediately.
- Ship: ship via USPS or FedEx.
- Generate revenue: funds are released when the buyer receives the item.
Mercari has a similar structure to other resale sites in terms of process. There are only a few nuances that are slightly different.
Listing on Mercari is pretty straightforward. You can now add up to eight photos. Once you enter the title and description, it tries to automatically fill in the category and brand for you. This saves a lot of time.
The sellers then choose a delivery method and payment amount. Mercari can calculate shipping for the buyer based on weight or set a fixed shipping cost.
Once your item is listed, it will appear in search results. If your item is popular, buyers will like it. Shoppers can make you an offer on any of your items. You’ll be notified and you can choose whether to accept or decline it.
Buyers can also ask you questions about your products. If you want to increase your sales, you better answer them!
Note. Check out our Sales Tips section to find out how to get more buyers for your products.
What to sell on Mercari app
You can list almost any item on Mercari. But some clothing items sell better than others.
These items sell best on Mercari:
- Baby clothes and shoes
- Women’s casual dresses
- Women’s jeans
- NWT (New With Tags) items
- Named Styles
Note. “Named styles” refers to clothes that have a specific style name, such as Express trousers by Express or Julia dress by Lularoe. They sell well at Mercari because customers can search for that particular name.
Merсari app sales tips
Here are four of my big tips for increasing sales at Mercari:
- Add 10% to listing prices (minimum)
- Reduce prices
- Include measurements and material
- Offer free shipping (optional)
These tips assume that you have already made an effort to become a quality seller. Photos should be of good quality and include flawed details. It is also important to write detailed descriptions.
How to create an account in Merсari app without phone number
As you have probably already realised, this is primarily an app, which means you need to create an account in it. The easiest way to create an account is to register using your phone number. The good news is that you can buy a number from our website. It is not a difficult thing and we will show you how to do it, just follow our instructions and you will be able to register with Mercari in less than 5 minutes
- Firstly you need to visit our page, and create an account. Registration process is easiest as it can be, you need only to verify your email.
- Secondly you need to top up your balance with payment method you trust. It can be done via MasterCard/Visa, Alipay, WeChat and cryptocurrency.
- Now just select the country and type “Mercari” in our service list.
- Now you only need to press “BUY” button and purchase it.
That’s all. You purchased number for Mercari app.