Table of Contents:
Samsung is a popular manufacturer of mobile phones. Their devices are at the forefront of technological advancement, and attract millions of customers. Many important day-one applications are in-built in Samsung’s mobile phones. They help check the user’s health, the device’s status, etc.
Most of these functions are available if you create Samsung account on their site or by phone. Moreover, it helps improve data safety and access the information in case of the phone loss. This article is going to figure out the main reasons why they want you to create an account and the registration procedure.
Why You Need a Samsung Account?
Samsung Account is a service that lets you access the company’s additional services on its mobile devices and TVs. This solution lets you not register or log in to each service or website by Samsung. Several systems require Samsung profile, including:
- Samsung Pay for conducting instant money transfers in shops and merchant outlets;
- Samsung Cloud, keeping photos, videos, and data in a safe virtual space;
- SmartThings, a digital hub for your internet-connected devices.
With Samsung, you can sign in to the company-developed or approved applications, including all apps in Galaxy Store, Netflix, Prime Video, Vudu, and others. A Samsung profile helps back up, restore, and synchronize call logs, contacts, calendar info, phone settings, home screen details, ID, passwords, and app data across multiple devices.
Regarding these features, no wonder the firm recommends its customers try creating an account. Certain users feel insecure registering it, given that signing up and verifying requires lots of personal info. Why is that so? Let’s take a look at the whole process to find out.
How to register Samsung account?
Still don’t know how to create Samsung account? Let’s figure it out. Standard registration involves several steps:
- Find the “Accounts and backup” page in phone settings, than check the “Manage accounts” point;
- Tap on the “Create account” button, and agree to the company’s terms of service;
- Specify your email address, create a password, enter your name and date of birth;
- Enter your phone number to get a special code via SMS message;
- Finalize the creation of your Samsung profile.
The procedure is straightforward and fits how services organize the registration process. The mobile number is neither to create an account nor use the services, though. This piece of data seems to go unused, forcing many to conclude that giving Samsung your number is pointless.
However, the company suggests you submit and verify a phone number for Samsung account’s two-step authentication, used to improve data security. Additionally, a number is a good option to get back your account if it’s hacked. The phone numbers also allow the company to find fraudsters.
Disregarding all measures and technologies for data security, the company often gets hit by data breaches and hack attacks. The last episode took place in early 2022, when 190GB of information including Samsung profile login data, was stolen by Lapsus$ cybergang.
Given this, no wonder many feel insecure sharing a number but still want to access various member-only features or protect their account, using the two-step verification. For them, certain services offer the bypass solutions like virtual phone numbers, with various nuances and prices.
How to Make Samsung Account Using a Virtual Phone Number
A virtual number is a number that exists separately from regular SIM cards and devices. It operates like the usual ones; you can link it to your account, meaning you can avoid Samsung phone verification using it.
SMS-man offers its customers virtual phone numbers to rent for up to three months or buy a one-time SMS just to link the number. We support numerous services and national digits of 190+ countries.
The whole procedure is not traceable or punishable, and includes the following steps:
- Visit sms-man.com, create or log in to your account;
- Top up your balance by the required amount on the “Top up my balance” page;
- Click on “buy SMS” to return to the main page;
- On the new page, choose the country and the service “Samsung”, then press “buy”;
- Find the virtual number in the “History” section and copy it with one click;
- Specify it when registering and ask for a code;
- Go back to SMS-man, click “get SMS” opposite the purchased phone number;
- Confirm the code to register your Samsung account.
Vyacheslav is SEO expert at SMS-MAN. He also writes on virtual numbers and SMS verification issues on SMS-man Blog.
You can reach Vyacheslav at: firstname.lastname@example.org