Table of Contents:
Facebook Gaming is rapidly gaining momentum and although Amazon Twitch still holds the lead, it is possible that the situation will change dramatically in the near future.
You may be interested in – How to sign up for Facebook without a phone number.
Already now, the popular social network is investing heavily in its own streaming service. The social network’s audience is in the billions of users, so the company has every chance of becoming a leader and overtaking even YouTube.
How do I create a Facebook gaming page?
Facebook is visited by several billion users every day, and users from all over the world have personal pages. But live Facebook can only be launched from a dedicated gaming page.
To create one, you need to:
- Open the dedicated game video authoring page and enter the name of the page.
- There is no need to change the category, as it gives access to the audience of viewers and the algorithms of Facebook Gaming.
- Once you’ve entered a name, click “Continue” and make changes to your profile: upload a photo, add a description and other information.
You may need a separate mobile number to create a gaming page. To avoid buying it, we recommend using “SMS-man” service. Here you can buy a virtual Facebook number for only 6 roubles, or quickly create a separate account for your game page.
Programs for Facebook live streaming
The next step is to download special software to stream your gameplay via Facebook Live Streaming. Generally programs like Xsplit, Streamlabs OBS or OBS Studio are used. You can choose any software, as all of them work on the same principle.
The software is simple to use, because it works automatically. You just need to download the application from the official website, install it on your PC and run it. The program will analyze the capabilities of the computer and the speed of the Internet connection and automatically set the necessary settings. You can set up Facebook live streaming from your phone in the same way.
Broadcasting on Facebook: the basic settings
There are a few tips to help make your Facebook live streaming experience more interesting to your audience:
- You need a webcam for the images and voice-over narration for the action. They make your Facebook broadcast truly alive and engaging for the viewer.
- To create a new scene, click on the plus sign in the bottom left corner of the screen, enter the name of the scene and click on the “Done” button.
- The live Facebook broadcast begins by adding sources. To do this, click on the plus sign in the centre at the bottom of the screen (Sources menu). To add a source, it is best to use Game Capture to reduce the load on your computer’s system resources.
- When the game starts to display, in the same sources menu, click the plus sign and select the webcam. Facebook streams with a live picture attract many more viewers.
- For viewers to hear game commentary, select the audio devices tab in the Sources menu and select the microphone connected to the PC.
To proceed further, you will need instructions on how to broadcast live on Facebook:
- Go to the game page and at the top of it click on the “Live Streaming” button.
- The Live Producer page will appear in front of the user. The Stream key must be copied and pasted into the application used for the broadcast. To do this, open the settings menu, go to the “Stream” tab and paste the code into the Stream key field.
- There is a menu on the left side where you must enter the title of the video to make the Facebook broadcast available to a wide audience. The title should be interesting and catchy even for casual viewers.
One more tip for a Facebook Live broadcast: Be sure to include the name of the game in the tags. This will help increase audience reach and attract more users.