Table of Contents:
WeChat is an application that allows you to send and receive messages, take a part in discussing various topics in group chats, and make payments. It was developed and originally launched in China. For many years, the service was supported only on smartphones. However, not so long ago, the developers of the application launched a version for PC. This is a great opportunity for those who want to use two accounts simultaneously. In this article, we will tell you how to download WeChat for Windows and run it.
Downloading the newest version of WeChat for Windows
There is nothing really difficult about this task. Dealing with it takes only a few minutes. In order to download WeChat for the Windows operating system, it is necessary to proceed to the official website of the service and find there a corresponding button. Clicking this button will redirect you to a new page where the latest version of the software for PC will be available for download.
Once the download is complete, all that remains is to install and run the application. Now you can proceed to the registration process and then start using your account to communicate.
How to create WeChat account with software for Windows?
In order to enter the application on the PC, it is necessary to have a registered profile and scan the QR code with it. Thus, in order to get access, it is first necessary to register an account on the phone. Below there will be detailed instructions on how to create WeChat account via mobile application:
1. The first thing that you need to do is to download and install the mobile WeChat app on your phone. It is available for both Android and iOS.
2. After launching the application, open the window to create a new profile and select the registration method. We will do this using a cell phone number.
3. In the next step, the app will ask you to enter your credentials along with your phone number and set a password.
4. After filling in all the fields and moving on to the next stage, the verification code will be sent to the typed phone number.
5. Use the received confirmation code to register your account.
You are halfway there. After that, go back to the WeChat for Windows application, open the profile login window and scan with your smartphone the QR code that appeared on the screen. As a result, you’ll get access to your account directly on your PC.
How to register in WeChat without phone number?
Sometimes using a personal cell number is not possible. This is especially true for Chinese services like WeChat as they usually support phone numbers from a limited range of countries. In that case, you can just take advantage of a virtual phone number. It can be obtained with the help of the SMS-Man service. For this purpose it is enough to:
1. Register at sms-man.com and pass simple account verification.
2. Refill your balance using one of the available options.
3. Go to the main page of the platform. Choose there the country for the virtual number, the WeChat option in the list of supported services, and click on the buy button.
As a result, you’ll get a virtual number, which will be your answer to the question of how to verify WeChat account. Now use a VPN to connect to your virtual number’s country servers and proceed to register in WeChat. Use it in the same way as it was a real phone number. After the confirmation code is sent, switch back to the SMS-Man site and click on “Get SMS”. Use the code you received to complete the registration.
After completing this simple WeChat register without a phone number process you can scan the QR code on your personal computer and your new account right there just like on the phone.