Table of Contents:
Cloud computing platforms are getting more popular every day. Their main purpose is to provide people with the option of storing their files online. It is convenient when there is no free space on a hard disk or it is needed for something else. But some of those platforms also provide other services. For example, those who have a Microsoft Azure account can enjoy access to such solutions as SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS. But sometimes sighing up for this platform becomes difficult. It happens because of mandatory mobile number verification. Find out how to get around this issue without having a phone number on hand.
How can I receive Azure verification code?
Completing verification with a verification code is mandatory when signing up for Azure. However, while some platforms offer multiple ways to receive this code including via email address, Microsoft offers only one way for this purpose. You can receive it only on a mobile phone number. It is what it is. So, those who don’t have an available phone number, wonder how they can an create Azure account without it.
Well, it is not possible to not use a mobile number at all. But there is still an opportunity to register that account without using a personal mobile phone number. It is provided by temporary phone numbers for verification. Those could be used online and allow anyone to receive one-time passwords from online services over the internet. They work for Azure account creation as well. You just need to get such a number and then use it as a regular number. There is even no need for a SIM card, not saying that a mobile phone is also not necessary. The whole process takes place online so you can do this on a PC or any other device.
Where to get a temporary number?
Getting a temporary phone number in the modern world is literally a piece of cake. There are dozens of online providers that offer this solution even for free. However, we wouldn’t recommend using the free option. Such numbers are public and can be used for the same goal by anyone else at any time. This means that there is always a chance of a created account being stolen. So it is much better to use services from a private provider. SMS-Man offers temporary numbers to register a Microsoft Azure account in more than a hundred countries all over the world including the US. At the same time, there are some of the lowest prices on the market. Here is a short but complete guide on how to use it:
1. Register at sms-man.com and complete verification for your new profile.
2. Open the recharge page and search for a suitable payment method. Use it to add credits to your balance.
3. Proceed to the homepage. First of all, on this page, it is needed to choose the issuing country for a temporary phone number. We recommend choosing the US as it is the best choice when it comes to signing up for Microsoft and its services.
4. The next step is to choose the online service with which you are going to register. Since we are signing up for Azure, simply use the search feature and find Microsoft.
5. Click the buy button placed under name of the online service.
You have just obtained a temporary number that is available for registration on the online service bound to it. In simple words, you can use it to receive an Azure verification code right away. There is no need to perform any additional actions so we can move to its activation.
Sign up for a Microsoft Azure account
The most difficult part of the work is to obtain a temporary phone number. Once done, everything that left to do is to activate it. It is not difficult at all. Like in the previous case, here is another step-by-step instruction:
1. Begin the registration process on Azure.
2. Provide an active email address and verify it.
3. Put on the form your temporary number and request a verification code.
4. Click on “Get SMS” on our platform.
5. Copy appeared code and complete registration with it.
You did it. Temporary numbers are a great solution when it is necessary to verify Azure without a phone number. They are not expensive, always available, and allow receiving OTP when located in any country in the world. There is also nothing wrong with using them to verify multiple accounts. Just keep getting and activating new numbers again and again.