Table of Contents:
The apps often contain information that is important for user. The app does not save messages on its servers, but directly on your device. When you delete history on any device, it disappears forever.
How to backup Viber messages? In order to be able to do that, you need to regularly create backups. Let’s take a closer look at this question!
If you need to Sign Up in Viber without phone number watch this video:
How to back up Viber and send it to your email?
When you don’t want to store backup files on cloud, you can create a backup and send it to your email. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the app menu and select the “Settings” item.
- Go to Calls and Messages.
- Go to the “Email Log”.
- Wait while the system creates an archive with the history of your correspondence.
- Specify the email address where the backup will be sent.
A letter will be sent to the mail with an attached archive file. This backup will not work for the web version.
How to restore Viber backup on Android
By default, a backup on Android is saved on Google Drive. You can make it in this way:
1. After starting the app, click on the “More” item below.
- Open “Settings” and go to “Account”.
- Click on “Backup”.
- If you are not authorized in your Google account, then log in with your username and password.
- Click Create Copy.
You can set the frequency with which Viber will save it in the automatic mode.
How to backup Viber messages on iPhone
The backup is saved on iCloud.
You can make it in 5 simple steps:
- Log into Viber and open the “More” section.
- Select the item “Settings” and then “Account”.
- Click on “Backup”.
- Sign in to iCloud if you haven’t already.
- Click Create Now.
In the “Create a backup” section, set the frequency with which the system will automatically create a backup on your iPhone.
How restore Viber backup on PC
Unfortunately, you cannot do it on your computer through the messenger settings. However, you can copy the required file to manually restore the mails from the folder located at: \ Users \ Username \ AppData \ Roaming \ ViberPC \ Your number. The file responsible for the backup is called “viber.db”.
Important! If you copied it on PC, then you can restore the correspondence from this file on the PC, and only then copy it on other devices.