Today, the cryptocurrency market is rapidly growing – the bitcoin rate has recently exceeded 19 thousand dollars. For the latest time, such a huge increase was registered in 2017! So, many investors got interested in such digital assets again.
Unlike traditional financial assets, cryptocurrency is stored in special electronic wallets, not in banks. You can link such a wallet to your account for online trading or just use it to access your digital finances. One of the most frequently used platforms for storing cryptocurrency is the Coinbase app.
Coinbase sign up: instructions
The Coinbase wallet app is a service with integrated systems of cryptocurrency transfers, as well as its own trading platform. Here, you can buy, sell, send, receive, and store diversified digital assets.
Registration of a Coinbase account is pretty easy. You are required to provide the following information:
- Your first and last name. It is advisable to enter your real data so that you can pass KYC/AML procedures.
- Your electronic address. You will receive a link for confirmation to it. Also, it will be used to restore your password if necessary.
- The password. Make it as complicated as possible. The safety of your cryptocurrency assets will depend on that.
After you finish your Coinbase sign up, you will need to customize your profile. First of all, you must link your mobile number to it. Many users do not want to enter their real contact information as they are worried about its safety. We have an effective solution for you – use a fake number instead. If you choose this option, you can get a virtual number for passing SMS activation for a Coinbase cryptocurrency wallet for a few cents only.
Besides, you will be required to link your bank card or account to it. The Coinbase crypto wallet is a service with a long history and spotless reputation. No doubt, it is worth trusting. Yet, if you want to avoid extra risks, we recommend using virtual anonymous accounts. That will help you avoid many problems. Today, in some countries, there are still legitimacy gaps concerning the status of cryptocurrency. Some authorities cannot reach a common decision whether to consider it to be an asset, savings, a business, or a tool to provide financing for unlawful acts.
After that, you will get access to the entire functionality of a Coinbase account.
The key functions of a Coinbase wallet
All the icons of the main functions are conveniently displayed on the main panel of a personal cabinet. Namely, you can access the following features:
- Dashboard. A board displaying information about cryptocurrency rates, as well as your accounts and wallets. Also, there, you can read the most significant news about the world of digital assets.
- Buy/Sell. A tool for buying and selling cryptocurrency. Here, you can purchase these digital assets, exchange them (for example, Bitcoin to Ether or vice versa), sell them, and, certainly, withdraw the money to your account.
- Send. This is the feature for transfers. Using it, you can send money to any other owner of a crypto wallet by its number. One should highlight that the Coinbase app offers minimal commissions and quick confirmation, so you will not have to wait for many hours for your transactions to be verified.
- Accounts. The information about your accounts. Here, you can also open a new Coinbase wallet for a different currency.
- Tools. A set of instruments for making transactions to bank accounts and verifying a user.
- Settings. Your Coinbase account settings. Via this menu, you can customize standard parameters and features – your password, avatar, nickname, and so on.
Despite the fact that Coinbase cryptocurrency services are unavailable in some countries at the moment, you do not need VPN to access them. Their mobile apps for iOS and Android also offer a full range of functions in all countries. The only difficulty is that both the interface of their website and the mobile apps are available in English only.