Table of Contents:
What is Line? It’s a multimedia messaging application. Its main features include text and image exchanges, video & voice calls, user groups, and friend lists. The 2011-made software is popular in Indonesia, Japan, Taiwan, and Thailand, with 178 million monthly users there. Its eponymous developer is under Tokyo-based Z Holdings’ ownership.
The application makes revenue via advertisements and commissions from its in-house digital payment option. The paid-for stickers available for users to share in Line messenger contribute too. Additionally, they run a news service, and comic distribution platforms Manga and Webtoon. Note, you need an account to use the app.
Features & Pros of Line Messenger
Millions of people use it to share life moments and news with their friends and family. Businesses use messenger to expand their digital presence and build communities. An indicator of its success is that 88% of Japanese users use it as their primary means of online communication.
So, what is Line feature-wise? Here’s a small list:
- Texts, images, voice & video calls let you connect to like-minded people any time in dialogues or groups;
- Stickers, Emoji & Themes collections allow you to personalize your online communication;
- It is music broadcasting service contains 70 million Japanese and international songs, sorted out by thought-out algorithms;
- The news service will help you quickly receive news on your smartphone and keep up to date with all the world events;
- The digital wallet in Line messenger lets you pay or send money online or offline and use the app’s additional financial services;
- Voom is a Japanese-specific version of Instagram Reels or TikTok.
The app offers a full spectrum of functions suitable both for and social media. Such flexibility helps attract attention. The unmentioned options support the app too: OpenChat, allowing anonymous users to make chat rooms, live-streaming, part-time job searching service, etc.
Consider making a Line account to join its community. You’ll need to undergo quite a straightforward registration procedure first.
The process of account registration in the Line Messenger
The registration procedure in all messaging applications is very similar. The Line messenger is no exception, the system will ask you for some personal information during the registration process.
So, the registration procedure involves several steps:
- Download the messenger application from the App Store or Google Play
- Open the messenger and enter your phone number;
- The system will send you a confirmation code, which you must enter in a special registration field;
- Enter the code and click “Continue”, then enter your name and add a photo;
- Think of a strong password to complete your registration.
Instant messengers like Line or Telegram use phone numbers to help you contact people using your contact list. It’s the simplest method to ease access to Line account and improve protection. But it’s still unsafe given that nobody is secured from hacker attacks and information mishandling.
The last such episode in its history happened in 2021. It was caught transferring personal user data to a Chinese affiliate firm supposed to develop AI-based services for the messenger. They didn’t notify the app’s users as required by the law. It’s unclear how many accounts were impacted by these illegal actions.
Considering that Line messenger gives access to the user data to third parties, no wonder many search for ways to improve their web security. You can create an account with a virtual phone number, so it makes no sense to give them your private phone number.
Can I create a Line account without a phone number?
Virtual phone numbers are a cloud-based technology that allows you to get a phone number for a certain period of time and use it to receive SMS. Thus, you can register anonymously in any messenger or social network without sharing your personal data. SMS-man gives you an opportunity to get virtual number for getting a verification SMS at an affordable price from $0.05 for a few easy steps.
Follow our instructions to get a virtual number to register your Line account:
- Register at sms-man.com or login using the quick login option via social networks;
- Make a deposit to your account on the “top up my balance” page;
- Go back to the main page and select the most suitable country for your mobile operator and “Line messenger” service;
- Click on the “Buy” button next to the selected service and wait for the system to add it to the “History” section;
- Copy your phone number and specify it when registering in the messenger;
- When you need a confirmation code, go back to SMS-man and click “Receive SMS”;
- Enter the code you received to complete your account registration.
Congratulations, you have successfully registered and kept your personal data safe. In the same way, you can register anonymous accounts for other applications such as Instagram, Telegram, WhatsApp and others.
Vyacheslav is SEO expert at SMS-MAN. He also writes on virtual numbers and SMS verification issues on SMS-man Blog.
You can reach Vyacheslav at: email@example.com