Table of Contents:
What is Yubo? Yubo is a networking app created to help users find friends and interest groups. The functionality is similar to Tinder’s but with unique features and a focus on online communication and friendship. The app doesn’t encourage people to meet offline or for dates.
It’s a French app available worldwide with few national limitations, although you may find fewer matches in countries where Yubo is unpopular. It accommodates over 60 million users, mainly in UK, US, and France. To register, you’ll need to submit a phone number, alongside some personal information.
Yubo App — Features & Benefits
What is Yubo feature-wise? Yubo is a distance-based app, where possible new matches show up one-by-one based on their proximity to you. You can reject or approve a profile. If the interest is mutual, you’ll be able to contact the person and start a conversation.
There are several unique Yubo App features:
- Live streams. In addition to pictures, users can launch livestreams off their profiles to their friends and possible matches.
- Tag search. It’s possible to add new users by tags, which include a countless number of specific interests and hobbies.
- Pixels. Small digital pictures can be purchased and added to the profile to convey moods, interests, etc.
- YuBucks. The inner currency can be spent on boosts, pixels, and increased visibility.
- Age-based communities. The userbase is divided into teen and adult communities, with no interaction between age groups.
And what is Yubo messaging like? A large part of the Yubo experience is chatting functionally, which operates in a similar way to other social media work. This part is streamlined—with emojis, attachments, and convenient messaging features. However, it’s nothing special compared to regular messengers, so there’s often not much sense in staying on Yubo after making friends.
Like other social media, Yubo offers security measures, but the ultimate safety is in the hands of individual users. It’s possible to become a verified member, whose status is visible to anyone in the form of a checkmark near one’s name. The app also collects complaints and has excellent customer support.
Yubo is considered an app for younger generations. The interest tags mostly include hobbies popular with younger adults and teens, but the selection is not restricted to these age groups. The customization features include pixels (colorful digital mascots), pronouns, etc.
Yubo Registration — Instructions & Guidelines
What is Yubo registration? It has a few simple steps and takes a minimum of time. However, it does require some personal information that may compromise your online security
To complete them, you need to:
- Provide your first name, date of birth, and gender.
- Attach a face picture or make a selfie.
- Create a unique username and password.
- Share a phone number and receive a verification code.
You can fake much of the aforementioned info. The name, date of birth, or face are just for general account-building. You can verify them to receive a checkmark, but it’s not mandatory. The only detail of concern is the phone number. It’s private and harder to fake. There are ways, though.
But what is Yubo doing with numbers? They demand a phone number as a way of identity verification. The logic is: buying a second SIM card to create a duplicate account or bypass a block is too bothersome, so few people will do that. Little does Yubo know, however, that virtual numbers make this security measure redundant.
Can I create Yubo account without a Phone Number?
Virtual phone numbers are a good way to stay anonymous on different apps like Yubo and others. These are cheap, disposable phone numbers that don’t require any personal information to use. Therefore, you share no private details and receive the same functionality as you would with a personal mobile phone. So, it’s a win-win.
If you want to know how to use Yubo without verification, you’ll be partially disappointed. This is not possible, but you can use a virtual number to complete for the registration procedure.
SMS-man offers two options for purchasing virtual phone numbers: long-term lease and one-time use. The first option is convenient for creating several accounts or when you need to receive several SMS messages. The second option is much cheaper, but gives the opportunity to receive SMS message only once.
Both methods are effective and affordable, but in the case of Yubo registration, you only need one message and a disposable phone number is what you need.
To purchase a virtual phone number for Yubo, follow these steps:
- Go to sms-man.com, then create and log in to your profile;
- Deposit the required amount on the ”Top up my balance” page;
- Click on the “Get SMS” button to return to the main page;
- Select your country and “Yubo” app, then click on the “Buy SMS” button;
- Find your phone number in the “History” section and copy it by one click;
- Start your Yubo registration and use your virtual phone number.
- Go back to SMS-man, then click ” Receive SMS” opposite the purchased phone number to get the code;
- Enter the code to complete registration.