Table of Contents:
Different kinds of services collect a lot of facts about users. The windows user agent is a file taken from the user’s operating system and stores important information in it. This is needed so that the site knows the user “by sight”.
In the past, many sites had their own peculiarities and were configured for certain user agents browsers, because of this users had to change it. The tool was created by developers, in this way it was convenient to check the service using different devices.
Anything that can be taken out of the windows user agent does not carry any secret information. But it is taken to scan the user himself. Because of this browsers are very disturbing for people who are closely connected with several accounts in messengers and different services. Servers see the deception, and block all accounts that work from the same device. It turns out that people lose money and time.
In order to prevent this, advanced users use a change of browser user agent. In fact, this would be useful for many, the use of such a method, gives its own advantages. For example, changing the helps to remain anonymous and to secure both the computer itself and all the data it contains.
How to disable browser
The ways to change can vary slightly. Sometimes, to change the windows user agent, a couple of mouse clicks are enough, sometimes the path gets a little longer. But you can use the instructions on how to change the browser below.
Changing the user agent firefox
It’s simple, it changes right from under the command line of the browser itself. All you need to do to do this:
- Type in about:config.
- You will need to click on “Create”, followed by “String”.
- Give a name, it has to be “general.User Agent.override”
- Define the user agent and confirm your action.
How to change the user agent of Chromium-based browsers
The replacement is done in the browser itself. Only developer tools are needed. A few steps are required:
- Go to “Developer Tools”, just press F12
- To change the browser’s user agent, click on the menu button, it is at the top.
- Do you see the following window? Select “More Tools” and then “Network conditions”.
- You will need the “User Agent” section.
- Uncheck “Select automatically”.
It remains to select or register
Spoofing google chrome
Works on all new versions of the browser. All you need to do:
- Go to the “Properties” of the browser, through its shortcut.
- Type -user-agent=”(desired User Agent)
- Confirm the action by saving the browser’s user-agent settings.
You can simply use Win+R and type the same command.
Changing the user agent opera browser
A few actions below will help you change the characteristics of your browser. There are only two steps:
- Type opera:config#UserPrefs|CustomUser-Agent in the open browser tab.
- Type in the desired browser
You may have to use a third-party application or extension. But all this can be easily found on the same Yandex.