Table of Contents:
Though it is not a regular thing, finding your Gmail blocked is pretty frustrating. Because it means that you not only lose access to your mailbox, but also to all the other Google Services. If this happens, your Google Disc, Docs, Photos, Maps, your YouTube «Saved Videos» and «Watched History» will become unavailable. Moreover, you will have to re-install all the apps that you have downloaded from Google Play as well as re-buy books, films, and games.
But probably the most annoying thing is that sometimes Google can block a Gmail account by mistake. What can you do then? In today’s blog, we’ll discover the reasons why Google closes accounts, how to unblock Gmail account as well as what you need to know to protect yourself from any further blocking.
Why is My Gmail Blocked?
In practice, the most common causes are:
- The system has detected or suspected that the mailbox is being used for spam;
- Google may automatically block your account due to a security risk;
- Rude content violations including terrorism, child exploitation or sexual abuse;
- Any legal violations.
What’s more, in three last cases, Google doesn’t allow you to save your data from blocked Gmail account and other Google Services by downloading it.
When it comes to spam emails, there are several signs that Google’s spam filters might think your Gmail is being used to send spam emails.
Sign #1. Email limit exceeded — for a regular Gmail account, it’s 500 emails per day
It looks especially suspicious for the system if you do a mass mailing from a newly registered account which is relevant for marketing mailings. And this is another case when you can find your Gmail blocked.
Therefore, so that the system does not have suspicions, it is important to prepare the account for mailing, starting with sending several letters a day and gradually increasing the number. This process can take up from a few days up to several weeks. There is even a special term for it: «warming up» an account for mailings.
Sign #2. Detection of «red flags» typical for spam emails
There are special spam word checkers on the web that will help you remove dubious trigger words.
- Links to suspicious sites.
- Entire letter text in CAPS.
- No unsubscribe button provided in the letter.
- Multicolored fonts in the body of the letter
Sing #3. Low delivery rate — if Google detects that many of the emails that you have sent bounce back
This happens if you send emails to inactive addresses or to addresses that don’t accept emails.
How to Unblock Gmail Account?
If Google blocked Gmail account, when you try to sign in, you’ll receive an error notification or be transferred to the Google Help Center page with instructions.
So, what can you do if your Google account is disabled? Try to unlock your account on your own. Google does not always provide such an opportunity, but in some cases it is possible. Of course, if your account has not been seen in a gross violation of Google ToS.
- Sign in to your Google account and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Submit an appeal to Google Support. For that, sign in to your blocked Gmail account and click “Start Appeal”.
- Fill out all the information you need to file an appeal.
Warning! Consideration of the appeal takes up to several business days. In some cases, if an appeal isn’t approved, you can send another one.
Also, we recommend transferring data from your locked Gmail account and other Google services to your computer or smartphone.
While Google is considering your appeal, it is highly advisable to go through all of Google’s services and read the instructions carefully. Some services will offer to follow a link to instructions for downloading data in case the answer to the appeal is negative.
Make a new Gmail account without a Phone Number
Sadly, in some cases appealing Google Support can be unsuccessful, and your Gmail account remains unavailable. Then, you may need to register a new account on the platform.
To protect your new account from possible hijacking in the future, we recommend you to turn on 2FA that requires a phone number. If your real phone number is already used, or you don’t want to expose it, you can purchase a virtual phone number for receiving SMS messages.
How to Make a New Gmail Account with a Virtual Phone Number?
- Create an account on sms-man.com using your email or social networks.
- Find the “Top up my balance” page on the left side of the menu and make a deposit.
- Select your country and “Google/Gmail/YouTube” service, then click “Buy SMS”.
- Find the number in the “History” section and copy it.
- Use it when registering and wait for the verification code.
- Go back to your profile and click ” receive SMS” to see the code.
- After that, complete your registration using the code.