Table of Contents:
Disney+Hotstar is an Indian streaming service for online video content, including series, shows and movies in various genres such as sports, documentaries, cartoons, adventure, action and others. It provides 53 million customers with 100,000 hours of content in 11 languages.
The service’s interesting and unique content catalog includes worldwide known blockbusters, accompanied by cinema with an Indian and Asian lean. Its business model focuses on Disney+ Hotstar subscription, coming in Yearly Super, Yearly Premium, and Monthly Premium versions. Notably, authorized users can sign up for a free trial.
Why Do You Need a Disney+ Hotstar Account?
One of the reasons to consider an account creation include the developed community service. Just below the information on Disney+ Hotstar subscription tariffs on the official website, they suggest you write an email in case of a query. Disney Hotstar blog serves as a hub for publishing updates and news of the service.
Also, streaming service offers a line of useful features available for those who sign up for the subscription. Briefly, the content of the service is selected according to user preferences. You can watch it on TV, laptops, and mobile devices.
So, here’s a closer look into Disney+ Hotstar subscription and service details:
- It offers an endless supply of content with Indian lean in various genres;
- The software’s user-friendly interface is adjusted for PC, Mobile, and TV;
- It provides the max quality (Full HD for Super, 4K for Premium);
- It is available for 2-4 devices to be logged in;
- New movies on Disney Hotstar come in English with dubbing in one of 10 languages, including Hindu, Korean, and Japanese;
- The movies are recommended via algorithms that consider user wants and needs: the more you watch the shows on the service, the more relevant content it suggests.
What’s inconvenient is that Hotstar is targeted at the Indian and Southeast Asian markets, although it’s live in the UK, US, and Canada. You can pay with Indian and Asian cards only. Luckily, newly authorized users can use Hotstar for free for long periods. Here is a guide on how to get Disney Hotstar subscription for free.
Free Disney+ Hotstar Subscription — Overview
Numerous options to use this service for free exist today. These are the services and partnership programs you can consider:
- Times Prime;
- Flipkart Plus;
- Airtel Recharge;
- Frenzi App;
- Fleek App.
Two in-house options for a free subscription exist for Disney+ Hotstar account holders: you can send a referral link to friends so they could sign up and you’d get a 1-month extra subscription that stacks up to half a year. Also, free trial option lets receive an additional 30 days membership in return for a credit/debit card information.
Both are valid for customers, but the trial is more suitable. The price amount for a 1-month Premium membership will be charged; you’ll have to cancel it 7 days before it ends to get your money back. The program needs an authorized Disney+ Hotstar account.
Disney+ Hotstar Account Registration Features
There are two ways to create and verify a Hotstar account: an email/Facebook account or a phone. Both options involve you getting a generated letter containing a one-time password.
Since 2020, it has been transferring customers from email addresses to mobile numbers to sign in. What is Disney plus Hotstar rationale for these actions? They ask for the numbers to improve security measures and avoid hacks. No password creation is available since then; they require a generated code to log in.
Their words about improving safety sound convincing. So far, no one has reported any leaks/hacking of user data. Also, the company has not been seen selling or transferring data to third parties. But, to create a DIsney+ Hotstar account, we recommend using a generated email or additional phone numbers.
If you don’t want to submit a new email address or create a SIM just to create a Hotstar account, but still want to watch Indian and Asian movies, consider a virtual phone number as a potential solution.
Register Disney+ Hotstar Account without a Phone Number
SMS-man is an indispensable assistant when it comes to virtual phone numbers for registration. The site offers phone numbers from over 180 different countries, which you can use to sign up for social networks, messengers, apps and, as you have already realized, streaming services.
Here’s a quick guide to buying a virtual phone number to register your Disney Hotstar account:
- Visit sms-man.com, create or log in to your account;
- Top up your balance by the required amount on the “Top up my balance” page;
- Click on “buy SMS” to return to the main page;
- On the new page, choose the country and the service “Disney+ Hotstar”, then press “buy”;
- Find the virtual number in the “History” section and copy it with one click;
- Specify it when registering and ask for a code;
- Go back to SMS-man, click “get SMS” opposite the purchased phone number;
- So, enter the code to complete registration.
Vyacheslav is SEO expert at SMS-MAN. He also writes on virtual numbers and SMS verification issues on SMS-man Blog.
You can reach Vyacheslav at: email@example.com