Table of Contents:
What is Spotify? It’s one of the leading music streaming platforms in the world, along with Apple Music, the French Qobuz and Deezer, the Argentinean Tidal, and alternatives. With Spotify, you can stream your favorite playlists and albums, podcasts, and audiobooks without having to download them to your device. It means they don’t take up storage space on your phone, tablet, PC, or other device. With it, the platform pays artists royalties for each listen.
How does Spotify beat its competitors? Today, we’ll talk about the main features of the service. Also, we’ll explore how to finalize Spotify registration without a phone number (no Facebook or email either) and gain access to the app, if it’s restricted in your location.
What is Spotify in Terms of Features & Benefits?
Spotify has long been one of the leading and favorite music services of users around the world. The popularity of the app justifies its functionality and convenience.
So, the features of the Spotify app include:
- Wide cross-platform functionality. This means that, for example, when you switch from iPhone to an Android-driven device, your music library with all recommendations will move with you. Thus, Spotify is compatible with OSes such as Android, iOS, Linux, Blackberry, MeeGo, etc.
- Spotify’s recommendations. What is Spotify in the context of the recommendation system? It’s hard to call this a clear advantage, because not all users like how Spotify’s algorithms work. While some complain that they obsessively recommend the same tracks, others say that, thanks to the system, they have discovered great author and editorial selections, and they were lucky enough to listen to fresh, previously unheard music.
- Offline use. Another benefit you get when you create Spotify account is the ability to download tracks to your smartphone, which means you can listen to them without connecting to the Internet. However, this is only possible after paying for the subscription.
- Spotify Connect. This is a feature for remotely controlling playback on one device from another. Let’s say, on a TV from your smartphone. And here remember that Spotify supports almost any OS and many devices. So, by enabling this feature, you can adjust the volume of the track playing on your computer — using your smartwatch. This functionality is a game changer if you start listening at home on one device, and are willing to continue from the same place on your smartphone on the way to work.
- Blend option. What is Spotify Blend with friends? As we can see from the name, it’s another excellent feature for partying together. It allows you and your pals to collect collaborative playlists containing the musical preferences of each of you. You can add up to 10 people to a shared playlist.
What is Spotify for Artists?
Spotify’s business model implies that the company not only pays dividends to artists for streaming their compositions. It also introduced special functionality for musicians to self-promote throughout the platform, so that an artist’s track can appear in playlists. Thus, musicians can create a dedicated artist page, complete Spotify verification, and receive a blue check mark. What’s more, this feature doesn’t require payment.
Now, when we’ve come across the most important opportunities of the platform, let’s move to some registration aspects.
Spotify Registration — Do I need a Phone Number?
The Spotify signup process is fairly simple and can be done through the website or mobile app. A phone number is not a requirement when registering with this music streaming service, but only an option. Alternatively, you can integrate the service with your Facebook account or register via your email address.
However, if Spotify is not available in your country, and the proposed alternatives do not suit you since you prefer to maintain anonymity, you can use a virtual phone number from 180+ countries to create Spotify account. Any one-time phone number from SMS-Man to register blocked services will cost you < $1. To be absolutely precise, payment is charged only after you receive a verification code.
So, how can you set up a Spotify account using a virtual phone number? Let’s found out.
How to Create Spotify Account without a Phone Number?
First, why are temporary virtual phone numbers relevant in this situation? Using such a number, you make it harder for telemarketers to access your personal phone number. Moreover, with this service and a robust VPN, you can change your virtual location to wherever you like, be it India, the US, Germany, or Thai. And last but not least, it lets you mask your online identity for Spotify registration if enhancing your anonymity on the web is your choice.
SMS-Man has been providing virtual phone numbers for rent for over 7 years. We provide the opportunity to get a phone number from 180 countries around the world and support 1000+ global online platforms and applications for activation. You can rent a phone number either for one-time use or for a long term (up to 3 months).
So, how to get a disposable virtual phone number for Spotify using SMS-Man:
- Register a profile at sms-man.com via email or social network account.
- Deposit money to your balance at the Top Up your Balance tab — the minimal amount is $10.
- Then go to the Receive SMS tab and choose a required country — for Spotify, the German or US number is preferable.
- Find Spotify in the search bar and click Buy SMS.
- In the History section below, copy the received phone number and apply it for Spotify registration — do not forget to open another tab.
- Return to your SMS-Man profile and request a code by clicking Receive SMS next to the phone number.
- Utilize the code when it comes.
Please note that due to the specifics of the technology you may probably have to try a few phone numbers before it works. Just keep in mind that you get charged ONCE only when SMS comes to your account.