The social network Instagram enjoys high demand among famous actors, sportsmen, and other public figures. But it is also equally popular among all sorts of scammers. In recent times, users of this platform have often reported account thefts. And most of them do not know how to get out of such situations. On the web, one can find thousands of requests like: “Someone stole my Instagram account, what should I do?”. SMS-Man has an answer.
One should note from the very beginning that it is advisable to take all the precautions to ensure the safety of your profile at once after the registration. You can learn more about how to secure your page on this social media from our expert guide. But if you already found your Instagram account stolen or hacked, we will tell you in detail how to regain access to it.
How to recover my stolen Instagram account?
If you want to find out who has hacked your profile, just forget about that right away. That is almost impossible. As a rule, scammers hack pages via VPN services, which allow changing IP addresses. Do not waste time on that. The best variant is to start restoring access without a delay.
What to do in case of Instagram account stealing:
- In the overwhelming majority of cases, scammers use an Instagram stolen account to send out spam or to break other rules of the social network. Consequently, over some time, that results in banning by the administration. That is why the first step is to check whether your profile is banned and to find out the reason for the ban. On our website, there is a detailed review about that – be sure to make use of it.
- After you learn the reason for the ban, you should restore your password. For that, click on the button “Forgot password?” in the form for authorization. You will get a message with a code to your phone number or email linked to your page. You will need to enter it in the form to create and set a new password.
My Instagram account was stolen and linked to a different email address – what to do?
In such situations, you must take care of the security of your email profile as well. It looks like it is not properly protected. Certainly, if your IG page got linked to a different phone number, that is a bad sign as well. Remember that no one can cope with that without getting access to your SIM card.
However, the situations, when scammers change an electronic address linked to a stolen account on Instagram, are quite common. Here are instructions on how to fix that:
- First of all, go to your email account and change the password.
- Then, look through your inbox and find a letter informing you about Instagram password changes.
- The latest step is to press the button “Cancel changes”.
If this method does not work for some reason, you will need to reach out to the support team.
- Start the social network on your smartphone (you cannot use your PC for that).
- Then, press the button “Get help signing in”.
3. Then, choose “Need more help?”.
4. Follow the automatic prompts, which will help you send a request to the support team.
In the end, they will provide you with a code and will ask you to take a selfie with it written on a piece of paper. Also, after you send this photo to the administration, you will have to wait a bit for it to be checked.
What to do if you do not have so much time to wait for your Instagram account stolen to be returned? In such a case, you can buy a virtual phone number for Instagram from our online store SMS-Man for $0.10 and make a new page.