Table of Contents:
Not everyone knows that WhatsApp does not save the data sent to its servers. That is, the history of all users’ conversations is stored only in the memory of their devices. If you don’t transfer the history of conversations to the backup, when you change smartphones the application will open only groups, but not chats. How can anyone transfer WhatsApp messages to another phone? In this article we will describe all the possible methods.
How to backup and transfer WhatsApp messages to new phone
If you want to be sure you can restore your data to your new device, we recommend that you back up the app. You need to set the account to backup regularly in automatic mode (but before transferring WhatsApp messages to the new smartphone, it is better to make a last copy of the old data manually).
The way for Android smartphone users: in the messenger select Settings, then All Settings, Chats, and Backup. Method for iOS smartphone users: in the messenger, select Settings, then Chats and Backup.
Transfer messages with Android OC
If you need to transfer WhatsApp correspondence from android to android, the process will be very simple. The first thing to do is to check whether there is a backup copy of the chat history (by default it should be in your Google Drive account). After that:
- Insert the SIM into the new device.
- Synchronize the Google Drive account on the smartphone. And then install the messenger (you can do it here).
- Launch the application, enter the phone number and activate the messenger.
- When the system will ask to confirm the restoration of the copy, the only thing left is to do it – the easiest way how to transfer WhatsApp messages. All the files will immediately appear in the same form as on the user’s old smartphone.
Transfer messages with iOS OC
How to transfer WhatsApp correspondence from iPhone to iPhone? First, (as in the previous case), you need to make sure that the data is successfully copied. By default, they must be in the iCloud account. The next steps are the following:
- Insert SIM into the new device.
- Synchronize the iCloud account. After that, install messenger (you can do it here).
- Start the application, enter the phone number and activate the messenger.
- When the system will ask to confirm the restoration of the copy, the only thing left is to do it – the easiest way how to transfer WhatsApp correspondence to another phone. All the files will immediately appear in the same form as on the previous iOS smartphone.
How to transfer WhatsApp messages between different OCs
In case you need to transfer data from Android to iOS or vice versa, the WhatsApp backup trick won’t work. The fact is that Android saves all copies to Google Drive, and iOS – to iCloud: these cloud storage systems have a different recording principle. In this case, how to transfer WhatsApp correspondence to the phone of another operating system?
There is an easy way to avoid problems with restoring the chat history of your favorite app. You just need to use a little secret “weapon” – the “cart”. So, how to transfer WhatsApp correspondence to Telegram:
Sign in to WhatsApp messenger, select a contact name, and scroll to Export Chat. Select the Telegram option after downloading the content, then click on Saved messages and Send. In this way, step-by-step, you can transfer the compressed files with all the old conversations and messenger files. Yes, it is inconvenient, but it will allow you to transfer Whatsapp correspondence from android to iPhone without losing old data.
But if you want to create a new WhatsApp account and forget all the old correspondence, you can use the service SMS-Man, which allows you to buy a virtual number for any country from many services, including WhatsApp. Thanks to the service you can create as many WhatsApp accounts as you want. For example, one for work, one for home, one just in case.
Dima is Content writer & Programmer at SMS-man. He is the creator of SMS-MAN Bot and writes articles on SMS-man Blog.
You can reach Dima at: firstname.lastname@example.org