Table of Contents:
Sometimes there is a situation when you need to urgently look at old messages. In this case, you need to know how and where the Viber history is stored. But here it is important to remember that SMS can be found, but there are a number of nuances.
Where the history is stored in Viberegda the history is stored in Viber
And, by the way, photos of contacts and sent videos, pictures can be found in a separate folder. To find it, you need to:
- Go to the phone explorer.
- Find the Viber folder, click on it.
- After that, several more folders will appear, we are interested in”Viber Images”.
- This section stores all the pictures that someone sent us in this messenger.
By the way, it is not necessary to create an account in the messenger on your phone, you can buy a virtual mobile number on our website.
For what purposes the viber message history may be required
The history of correspondence may be required, both to search for the necessary data, and simply as memories. But in some cases, it can be used as evidence during the trial. After all, sometimes even such information can play an important role in the case.
How to view the history in Viber
First, you need to create a story so that you can later refer to it, if necessary.
In order for it to be saved, you need to create a backup copy and make a backup with a certain regularity, since each copy has its own “expiration date”.
It is also worth remembering that through the Wi-Fi network, history will create more than the mobile Internet. This is due to the connection speed, in the second case it is significantly worse.
And now let’s go to the step-by-step instructions on how to view the message history in Viber:
- First you need to open the messenger and go to the menu. To do this, click the “More” button, and then “Settings”.
- There we are looking for the “Backup” section. The system will offer several ways to create a backup copy. The best option is to send data from your phone to Google drive. If this storage location is not suitable, you can choose a memory card or phone memory.
- After selecting the storage location, you need to wait for the copying to finish.
It is equally important to know not only how to create it, but also how to restore the history in viber. From time to time, the application itself will offer to use a backup copy. But if you don’t want to wait for an alert, you can do everything manually. If the saving occurred on the memory card, then you need to:
- Insert the SD card into the phone.
- Go to the “Menu” to find the “Settings” section, and then “Backup”.
- The next step is recovery. To do this, click on the appropriate button and wait until the phone finds the archive itself and offers to use it.
Viber History: restore using Backup Text for Viber Application
If the methods described above did not help to restore messages in the messenger, then you can try to do this by installing a third-party application. To do this:
- We go to the PlayMarket or AppStore and look for the BackUp Text for Viber program.
- After downloading and installing, select the filter according to which the program will search for fragments of correspondence. There are several main options for the user to choose from, namely:
1. Filter by conversation is used to set dialog parameters. It will help you restore text messages from group chats.
2. Filter by message type will help you find only incoming or only outgoing messages.
3. File type specifies the format in which the restored correspondence will be saved. If the installed option does not suit you, then you can change it to a more suitable one.
4. Export to will show in which folder you can find your correspondence or viber history.
5. Filter by date will help you find messages on a certain day.
After the “Export successful” notification appears on the screen, you can close the program and go to the folder that you specified as the path to save the history.
When copying the chat history, the viber froze
When backing up a situation when the application hangs is a common thing. But here the main thing is patience, you do not need to turn off/turn off the phone, exit the program and shake it. Just wait a couple of minutes and the messenger will return to its working state.
How to clear the history in viber on your phone
If you do not need to restore and store the history, then you can simply delete it. To remove several messages, you need to:
- Click on the text of the sms and hold it until a check mark appears.
- A square will appear next to each message, you need to click on it if you want to delete the text.
- After all the unnecessary messages are selected, click on the trash icon or the inscription: “Delete”.
In order to delete all correspondence, you should:
- Select a dialog in chats.
- Hold it down until the trash icon appears.
- We send a dialog to it.
How to transfer a viber story to another phone
Sometimes viber users have a question about how to transfer the history to another phone. Some people think that this is impossible, but it can be done. To do this, you should:
- Open the messenger and find “Settings”.
- Next, select “Account” and “Viber backup”.
- After that, click on the “Restore” and “Restore now” button.
But quite often the system itself offers to restore the correspondence when installing the application on a new phone. And in this case, you do not need to know how to transfer the Viber history to a new phone, because the messenger will do everything automatically.
How to restore received and sent files
The methods described above were focused on restoring text and voice messages. But with media files, things are different. All videos and pictures that you share with Viber users are stored in the /viber/media / folder.