Table of Contents:
What is Myntra? It’s an Indian-based marketplace where you can find clothes from fashion brands, decorative and skincare cosmetics, items for kids, household goods, and much more.
However, to register an account, the application requires you to provide a phone number. But, what can you do if it doesn’t receive your country’s number? How can you get around this platform requirement? Let’s explore it in today’s article, and also learn about the main features of the marketplace.
What is Myntra Marketplace?
The marketplace was launched in 2007 and was acquired in 2014 by Flipkart, an even larger e-commerce platform in India. Today the platform sells over 3,500 global brands and over 7,000 thousand goods.
The service supports the website version and mobile apps for iOS and Android.
The main features of the Myntra shopping app include:
- Free delivery of the first order — it’s a kind of bonus from the application to encourage users for registration.
- Possibility to return or exchange goods within 14 days.
- Payment via UPI (Indian payment system) or cash.
- Convenient order tracking — via the link received by email/SMS message or right in your Mintra account.
- The loyalty program ‘Myntra Insider’, which allows you to participate in promotions and buy branded clothing at discounts.
- Various gift cards.
Here are the goods you can purchase if you register a Myntra account:
- Clothes from global fashion mass market brands for men, women, and kids.
- National casual and festive Indian clothing, including sari, kurta, skirts, etc.
- Sportswear from global brands such as Nike, Puma, etc.
- Various accessories: bags, clutches, wallets, scarves, shawls, etc.
- Shoes: boots, sneakers, sandals, etc.
- Electronics: speakers, headphones, smartwatches, etc.
- Skincare and decorative cosmetics.
- Household goods to decorate and give comfort to the homes such as bed linen, candles, towels, dishes, etc.
This is not the entire range of the marketplace and to know more, you can go to the official website https://www.myntra.com/.
What is Myntra Insider?
Participation in the marketplace’s loyalty program provides the following bonuses:
- 10% of the cost of each purchase is credited to your Insider Points balance.
- Coupons and vouchers worth up to INR 10 000.
- Access to major sales earlier than regular users.
- Tips and master classes from stylists inside the application.
Myntra App — Registration Process
You can register an account in the application through Facebook, Google, or by filling out the registration form — this is the first stage of registration.
As part of registration, you will need to provide an email address and telephone number, among other information. This data will be needed for further verification of your Mintra account: you will receive a verification link via these channels.
If you have difficulty entering your mobile phone —let’s say, the application doesn’t accept phone numbers from your country — you can solve this issue by purchasing a disposable virtual phone number for registrations and verifications for less than $1 and receive an SMS message through the SMS-Man platform.
This is a working method for not only registering in the Myntra shopping app, but also the following situations:
- If online anonymity is important to you because you are concerned about data leaks and possible scams using your personal information;
- To access services that are not available in your country, as well as those that only accept local numbers for registration — for example, Chinese Douyin;
- When you need to create several accounts at once — for example, on gaming services, for advertising, etc. — or to register a new account if each requires a unique phone number.
The platform on which you register will not be able to distinguish such a temporary virtual phone number from a regular mobile number, and it won’t take time for you to search for a SIM card of the desired country and rearrange cards in your smartphone (if you have only one card slot). No geolocation attachment, no additional devices are required.
The use of such virtual phone numbers is legal, and, in addition, they are much more difficult to trace to the end user than in the case of a real phone number. However, it is not recommended to use numbers for illegal purposes — law enforcement agencies can always request information about the buyer from the provider.
So, how can you buy a virtual number and receive an SMS with a verification code for Myntra registration? Let’s found out.
How to register a Myntra account without Phone Number?
- Set up an account at sms-man.com via email or social media.
- Deposit funds to your account balance via VISA, PayPal, cryptocurrency or other available option — you will find the button “Top Up” in the top right corner or the tab “Top up my balance” in the left-side menu. The minimum replenishment amount is $10.
- Then, to buy a one-time phone number for Myntra authentication, enter the tab “”Receive SMS” and select the country of a mobile operator. Since the service is Indian, first, try out an Indian phone or write to the support via chatbot.
- After choosing the country, find “Myntra” in the service search bar and click “Buy SMS” next to it.
- In the “History” section below the choosing options, you will find a received virtual phone number. Open Myntra app to apply the number — in another tab or window — and get back to your SMS-Man profile.
- To request the code, click “Receive SMS” near the phone number you just used.
- Utilize the code to finalize verification procedures in the Myntra app.